I don’t think I exist. I don’t think this is real. I’m fluid. I think I flow through the wind, spanning distance, time, worlds. I’m there with you; I’m in the past with you; I’m in your future. I’m in love with my campus and I’m in love with the hills I wander in Oregon. I’m looking at the Puget Sound and I’m standing in the waves at Agate beach. I’m walking along the McKenzie and I’m watching the sunset at Tillikum. I’m deadly responsible and wildly reckless. I have a plan and I have no idea. I must not be real. But you think you know me, so either I’m real or you’re not either. No one’s real. We’re all figments of imagination, crossing into each other. That river I love, those trees and those hills, they’re all in my head. Maybe if I focus hard enough I’ll be able to trick myself into thinking I’m there. I am there. And I’m here. I’m everywhere. A wisp of fascination. I’m not real, but I’m alive. I live. I live for right now. Not for tomorrow. Not for five minutes from now. Not for you. If I die here, at least I’ll die happy. If it’s instant I’ll die mid laugh. If it’s prolonged I’ll picture the McKenzie and imagine hugging you goodbye. I live minute by minute, second by second. I live life by life, world by world. I span time and location. I am fluid like the wind or the roaring ocean. I drive. I sing. I laugh. It’s fine. But I stay alive. I’m not real so I can’t die. I live for you. I won’t die because I won’t do that to you. I know what it would do to the world I’m currently a part of, to the world I just recently left behind, and to the world I haven’t met yet. There are so many worlds I want to meet. So many trees to see, so many waves to feel, so many skies to smell. The world is amazing and I’m wonderful. I’m so happy to be here. To walk through this campus. I’m here. I hope you’re as good as I am. I hope your life is as rich as mine is. I can thrive here. Because it’s not real and I can encompass all the wonderful places, things and people that support me no matter where or who or what I am.
This is poorly written and redundant. But I didn’t have anything appropriate to say.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment